Are you wondering how to teach your child to brush their teeth? If so, you are in the right place! Our team is happy to help you prepare your child to brush and understand the importance of taking care of your teeth. If you teach a child young to have healthy habits, the chances are extremely high for them keeping them throughout their lifetime.
Our dentist, Dr. Michelle Metcalf, cares about your child’s smile. That is why, our team in Spokane, Washington, is here to offer you help with ideas on teaching your children the basics of oral hygiene. Here are some tips on teaching children the basics of oral hygiene habits:
– To help your child with their toothbrush care, make sure they understand the importance of storing it upright and away from other toothbrushes.
– Your child will not be able to use your toothbrush but instead should use an age-appropriate toothbrush. Furthermore, never share any cleaning utensils with your child or anyone else as contamination can occur.
– Teach your child how to properly angle their toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to clean all sides of teeth.
– Teach your child about the importance of using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
– Make sure your child also cleans off their tongue to remove bacteria.
If you need help with your child’s oral health, or if you have questions for our dentist, please call us today at 509-747-4242 to make an appointment. Our team of experts at Michelle Metcalf, DMD is happy to spring into action and help you in any way we can.