We are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our practice! Our office has always utilized personalized protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines. However, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety and the safety of our team.
When you schedule and visit our office, you will notice many changes as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments, managing your insurance and handling your financial transactions.
If you have had a fever in the last 10-14 days, have shortness of breath, have a cough or any flu-like symptoms or have had contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive people, please call and reschedule your appointment.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you. These are in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Your temperature will be taken and recorded upon entering our office.
- We will insist on maintaining distance in the reception area and avoid waiting in our lobby.
- We have temporarily removed magazines, coffee bar, and refreshment area.
- We have temporarily removed paraffin hand wax table.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed throughout the office and reception area.
- We will require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering our building and office.
- We have installed sneeze guards at all reception areas.
- As a team, we have always been required to wash and sanitize our hands before all appointments. We will now be requiring our patients to adhere to hand washing and sanitizing before being seated in the treatment area.
- All patients will be required to rinse/swish with a hydrogen peroxide or iodine based rinse before treatment.
- We would like to have payment arrangements made in advance to avoid delay and allow for a contactless exit from the appointment, if at all possible.
- We have enhanced treatment area disinfection procedures for all surfaces between patients.
- We have ambient air management with HEPA-13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to keep germs from circulating in the air.
- We have added new personal protection equipment such as masks for front office staff and additional barriers for clinical staff to further protect our team.
- We have created protocols for additional suctioning devices to be used for all procedures that create aerosols.
- We have enhanced protocols for disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, etc.
- The additional procedures may also require longer appointment times in order to complete tasks in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Due to our limited number of available appointments at this time and the numerous patients that needed to be rescheduled from the time we were closed, we have instituted a fee of $100 if you no-show for your appointment or cancel with less than 24 hours notice. Thank you for your understanding.